Department of Human Nutrition
Head of Department
1958 Frederiksberg C
Main areas of interest include the physiology and pathophysiology of energy and substrate metabolism, with special emphasis on the etiology and treatment of obesity.
- Knight of the Order of Dannebrog 1999.
- Knight of the First Order of Dannebrog 2012.
- Current citation H-index: 64. Thomson Reuters Science Index 2010: 5th for obesity publications
- Academic honours include Servier's Award for Outstanding Obesity Research 1990
- IASO André Mayer Award 1994
- Danone Chair in Nutrition 2002 at The University of Antwerp
- LIFE Communication Prize 2007
- International Association of Business Communicators’ EME Excel Merit Award for Communication Leadership 2009
- LIFE Innovations Award 2010
- Nutrition & Santé Weight Management Award (France) 2010
- Finnish Association of Internal Medicine Esko Nikkilä Prize 2012
- American Society for Nutrition Robert H. Herman Award 2012.